Monday, June 11, 2012

Camp Counselor Marissa Nobile

Finally some nice weather in Boston this weekend! I enjoyed my little cousin's club lax all-star game  and some pool time in the suburbs.   This coming weekend kicks off a long trail of recruiting at the Champions Cup in Downingtown, PA.  It will be nice to see some coaching friends and hopefully Junior Kanika Misra who is working for DeBeer this summer. 

This week's check-in is with sophomomore defender and Women's Basketball player Marissa Nobile who has a very full and fun summer ahead!

Where will you be spending most of your summer?
Marissa: Most of my summer will be spent at Camp Hazen YMCA in Chester, CT where I will be working as an overnight camp counselor and lifeguard/water sports instructor. Other than that I will be at the beach and in Boston as much as possible!

 Can you give a little background on the camp and your connection to it?
Marissa: The camp I work at is about 35 minutes away from my house and I will be living there in a cabin with the campers I am in charge of. This is my first summer working there but my 10th summer overall. I started going to this camp when I was younger and decided it was where I wanted to work once I was old enough. You guys can check it out at camphazenymca.org 

What are the perks of being a lifeguard? What are the not so great parts of it?
Marissa: The biggest perk of being a lifeguard is the TAN and being able to spend most of my summer on the water swimming and boating. The not so great parts are the one-piece tan lines, having to be at the beach even when it’s cold, and grumpy campers. 

What are you most looking forward to this summer? Any travel plans?
Marissa: I am looking forward to spending a lot of time outdoors, on the water, cheering on the Celtics and with friends at concerts. I have already been back to Boston once, where I lived with Sophia for two weeks! I also spent a week in Virginia with my family, which was a lot of fun. Other than that I plan on taking a few day trips to Boston, Newport, etc.

What's your favorite summer activity when you're not working?
Marissa: When I am not working my favorite summer activities would have to be summer concerts, the Waterford Speedbowl, and bonfires (the one below is over 6 stories high). Both activities are really popular in my town and it’s a great way to stay connected with old friends while enjoying the summer atmosphere. Oh and of course sending videos to and visiting Macy Day! 

Where/who are you living with when you get back to campus?
Marissa: When I get back to campus I have the pleasure of rooming with our very own Marlee! We will be in a double in a suite in colonial along with Naomi. 

What was your favorite thing about your freshman year at Emerson? What was your least favorite?
Marissa: My favorite thing about freshman year was being given the opportunity to play two sports and making amazing friends along the way. I loved getting to know everyone in Athletics, including our amazing Athletic Trainers Miss Mandy, Steph, Laura, and the BU students. My least favorite part of the year was my knee issue throughout both seasons, which just wasn’t fun.


What do you miss most about Boston?
Marissa: I miss everything about Boston, especially my teammates.






No comments:

Post a Comment